Friday, September 7, 2012

The Napping House



The Napping House
Genre: Picture Book
Suggested age:  2-8 years
Author: Audrey Wood
ISBN: 9780152026325
Publisher:  Thomas Allen & Son

There was a cozy bed, a snoring granny, a dreaming child, a snoozing cat among other sleeping critters until a wakeful flea disturbs their peaceful nap one rainy afternoon.

This book was given to me at the birth of my daughter with the following advice inscribed in the front cover, “sleep when the baby sleeps”.  Since then I have enjoyed the beautiful illustrations and the lulling prose with my daughter countless times at nap time!  The repetitive phrasing is ideal for new readers and the language has such a lovely cadence that it will hold even my toddler’s attention right up until the last page.

No comments: